HMO & PPO: Cigna, Aetna, Tri-care
Victims of Crime, Victim Assistance Program
Out of Network Provider for all PPO's.
While I will contact your insurance plan, it is highly recommended that you also contact the plan and get details about your coverage. A quick phone call can save a lot of headaches later, and help you make informed decisions related to your care. Important questions to ask include:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Does my insurance carrier mental health services directly or do the "carve out" to a third party?
- Is the therapist I want to see on your preferred provider list?
- If not, what is my coverage for out-of-network providers?
- What is my deductible and has it been met for the year?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover with this therapist?
- How much will I be responsible to pay at each therapy session?
- Is preauthorization required before I make an appointment?
As a courtesy, superbills can be processed at our office and reimbursements sent directly to you.
I put aside your scheduled appointment time for you, and cannot bill your insurance for a missed session. Therefore, if you do not show up for an appointment or cancel without 12 hours notice, you will be responsible pay the full cost of the session, not just your copayment (if I am a preferred provider for your insurance plan, the "full cost" may be your preferred provider discounted amount.) Of course, I will make exceptions in cases of emergency or illness where 24 hours advance notice was not possible. If I forget a scheduled appointment, I owe you a free session.